Please read this Policy carefully. We take your privacy seriously and want to ensure that users of our Site understand our Policy. If you have questions or wish to contact us about this Policy, please direct inquiries to email@example.com. Capitalized terms not defined in this Policy are defined in applicable privacy and/or data protections laws, including but not limited to the CCPA, CPRA and the GDPR.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
In the last 12 months, Marley Confections has collected the following categories of Personal Information through our Site and offline:
- Identifiers, including: full name, address, email address, telephone number, birth date, gender, and password used to access features on our Site.
- Payment Information, currently we are using third party Service Providers to handle our payment process. Information they collect may include payment method, credit card number, CVV/CID, expiration date, and billing address.
- Product Information, including: product name, SKU number, and quantity.
- Product Reviews, including: stated opinions/experiences and review rating.
- Commercial Information, including: products purchased, shipping method, recipient names, and shipping addresses.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, including: pages visited, links clicked and browsing behavior on our Site, Internet Protocol (IP) address, Internet service provider information, operation system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and mobile device information.
- Inferences: drawn from the categories of Personal Information listed above to create a profile reflecting a consumer’s preferences.
2. For What Purposes Are We Using Personal Information Collected?
In the last 12 months, Marley Confections used the categories of Personal information listed above for the following purposes:
|To operate our Site, and sell and promote products bearing our brand|
|To communicate with current and prospective customers about our products, promotions, and customer Site accounts.|
|To promote products bearing our brand our Site and packaging.|
|To protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.|
|To audit Marley Confections customer interactions, transactions and legal compliance.|
|To identify issues with and improve Marley Confections existing products and develop new products.|
|To undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality of our products, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our products.|
|To identify and repair errors that impair the functionality of our sites.|
3. What are the sources of the Personal Information Collected?
In the last 12 months, Marley Confections collected the following categories of Personal Information from the following sources:
|Directly from consumers|
|Through Our Site or Directly from consumers|
4. How about disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties?
In the last 12 months, Marley Confections disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to the following types of Third Parties as was necessary to perform our business purpose:
5. No Sale of Personal Information:
If you reside in the State of California and use our Sites or provide Personal Information to us offline (“California Consumers”), you have the following rights:
Right to Know
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that Marley Confections has collected;
- The categories of sources from which Marley Confections collected the Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information that Marley Confections sold or disclosed to a third party (other than a service provider) for a business purpose and the categories of recipients of that information; and
- The business or commercial purposes for Marley Confections collection, disclosure, or sale of the Personal Information.
Right to Delete
- California Consumers have the right to submit a written, verifiable request for deletion of their Personal Information that Marley Confections has collected from the Consumer.
Making Requests to Know or For Deletion
Marley Confections will respond to requests in accordance with applicable law if it can verify the identity of the individual submitting the request. California Consumers can exercise their rights in the following way:
- Obtain the privacy request form by either:
- Downloading the form from this link.
- requesting the form via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the form in its entirety.
- Mail signed form to:
Attention: Privacy Request
PO Box 5860
Montecito, CA 93150
How We will Verify Your Request
We follow the processes described below to verify the person making a request to know or a request to delete is the person about whom we have collected Personal Information.
The verification process that we follow will depend on the nature of your request as described below:
- Request To Know Categories of Personal Information: We will match at least two data points that you provide against your Personal Information we already have in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. Examples of relevant data points include your mobile phone number, your zip code, or information about products that you have purchased from us.
- Request To Know Specific Pieces of Personal Information: We will match at least three data points that you provide against your Personal information that we already have in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity.
- Requests To Delete Personal Information: Our process for verifying your identity will depend on the sensitivity (as determined by Marley Confections) of the Personal Information that you ask us to delete. For less sensitive Personal Information, we will require a match of two data points as described in Bullet 1 above. For more sensitive Personal Information, we will require a match of three data points as described in Bullet 2 above.
If we cannot verify your identity based on the processes described above, we may ask you for additional verification information. If we do so, we will permanently delete the verification information that you provide promptly after we have completed the verification process. We will not use that information for any purpose other than verification. If we cannot verify your identity to a sufficient level of certainty to respond to your request, we will let you know promptly and explain why we cannot verify your identity.
California Consumers have the right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment by Marley Confections for exercising their privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, and Marley Confections will not discriminate on that basis.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your right to know or your right to delete by doing the following:
- Submitting a completed Authorized Agent Designation form located at this link
- Requesting the form by contacting us via email@example.com
If an authorized agent submits a request to know or a request to delete on your behalf, the authorized agent must submit with the request either (a) a power of attorney that is valid under California law, or (b) a document signed by you that authorized the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf. In addition, we may ask you to follow the applicable process described above for verifying your identity.
Right to information About Disclosures of Personal Information for Direct Marketing Purposes
Under California law, California Consumers can request information from us whether we have disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We will not sell your Personal Information to, or share it with, third party companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California Consumers desiring to request further information about our compliance with these laws or who have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies are welcome to contact us at info@marleyconfections.
The safety of children online is very important to us. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
Links To Third Party Sites
From time to time, our Site may link you to other sites (“Linked Site”) that are not owned by us. We do not control the collection or use of any information, including Personal Information that occurs during your visit to the Linked Site. Further we make no representations about the privacy policies or practices of the Linked Site, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Linked Site. Please be careful of disclosing any of your Personal Information when leaving our Site. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects Personal Information.
Third Party Advertising-Related Vendors/Third Party Cookies
We work with third party companies to assist us with website analytics, such as evaluating the use and operation of our Site so that we can continue to enhance the Site and the information contained within.
Please note that our online and email advertising-related vendors, including but not limited to, Facebook, Google, and Twitter, may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies in connection with the Site to help manage our online and email advertising campaigns and strengthen the effectiveness of such campaigns. For example, if a vendor has placed a unique cookie on your computer, the vendor may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies to recognize the cookie during your visit to the Site and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Site, and the vendor may provide us with such other information for our use.
We may use third-party advertising companies to target advertisements to you on our Site, across the web, on your mobile device and on any of your other devices, based on the personal and other information we have collected from and about you, as well as information relating to your and other users’ visits to this and other Website and online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags) or recognize an identifier associated with your mobile device. These companies may also use these technologies, along with Personal Information and other information they or we collect on the different devices you use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer.
We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us, including using SSL technology for encryption and transmittal of your order information (including your credit card information). However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers, special products and more. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our Site and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages (IE Cookies). To the extent you voluntarily opt to have Text notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages.